|One of the reasons there are so many differing beliefs, doctrines, denominations and interpretations of the bible today, is because many refuse to take the bible literally. Many pick and choose what they will believe as literal truth and when they see something they don't like, they say it can't be taken literally.
Another reason why there is little scriptural unity in Christendom is because some put more weight on some scripture over others but 2 Tim 3:16 reads: "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness".
Because some refuse to adhere to all scriptural truth and are not strict in it's literal interpretation, it results in many beliefs and differing interpretations which has lead to the confusion most are in today especially about end times prophecy. Believing scripture as you want to see it, or through someone else's lens of interpretation is dangerous, because we could all have our own separate belief systems and think there are many paths to God, when there is only one.
You may believe something sincerely and strongly, but be sincerely wrong. The bible is the only truth there is. Every day that goes by we can see that most men are liars, obfuscators of truth and most have an agenda that they are pushing rather than the pure unadulterated truth of the bible. This includes even many in the ministry by the way. No doubt some are preaching some truth, but getting 100% truth is difficult nowadays as many would rather tell you what they think the bible says.
We must realize Jesus always said what he meant and meant what he said. The Bible can be understood with an eighth grade reading level. If this is correct and it is, then even children as young as 12 years old can read and believe the scriptures as they were written.
Based on this, we believe all the following and more:
1.The bible is the inspired word of God (2 Tim 3:16), given through men who were filled with the perfect Holy Spirit and 100% of all of it must be interpreted LITERALLY. When Jesus told stories in parable format, they were based in literal truth, and the explanation follows the parable. The poetic books are also based in literal truth. Common sense interpretation principals are all you need when you read and take the Bible literally.
2. As with the rest of the Bible, the book of Revelation is also to be interpreted LITERALLY and in the chronological, sequential and numerical order it was originally written in. Most all the symbols' meanings are disclosed in the same passage they are given. Being dogmatic about the sequence, chronology and literal essence is paramount, otherwise it's interpretation will be subject to the individuals' own interpretation and not the intended one of the text.
3. Though there is some poetic, symbolic and allegorical scripture passages and books, even their meanings can all be tied to literal truth including the parables as told by Jesus. When the whole word of God is studied, you will see that scripture interprets scripture, line upon line, precept upon precept, making one big picture. Giving more weight to only certain doctrine over others is dangerous and leads to an unbalanced view of scripture. Only studying the bible line by line which expository teachers and preachers purport, can be just as dangerous as a topical study if the study does not consider ALL doctrine on the subject at hand.
4. All the gifts of the Holy Spirit, such as healing, tongues, prophecy, etc., as given to the original 12 disciples at Pentecost and the church are still in operation today by millions of people worldwide. Though sometimes abused by some, this does not diminish their effectiveness in the lives of real Christians. The gifts have not diminished since Jesus day just because some say they have. The fact is, they have diminished only in the lives of those who don't believe they are valid for today.
5. We here believe in eternal security, BUT only in the lives of those who continue in the faith until the end, whenever their appointed end is and not every Christian has been appointed to suffer God's wrath through the entire "seven year tribulation" period. It is equally true that though some will see it to the end, many others will not and will lose their salvation as Exodus 32:33 precedent has already shown us. Some have, do and will have their names erased from the book of life as this passage in Exodus shows and Jesus in Rev.3:5 eludes to. James 5:19-20, Hebrews 6:4-6 and other passages are also clear that some will wander from the truth and not come back.
But it is in fact extremely dangerous to believe you can practice deliberate unrepentant sin and still make it to heaven. YOU CAN'T. Only the holy will see God (Heb 12:14).
6. Jesus pre-destined salvation for ALL mankind and not just the elect (John 3:16 and lots more). All of mankind has been called to Salvation, but only relatively few will accept the free gift. Many are called, few are chosen (Matt 22:14).
7. Just because we have been pre-destined and chosen for salvation, does not mean all will be saved. Relatively few will find and STAY on the road that leads to life (Matt. 7:14). The free gift of salvation is free, but as with all gifts we do have a role in protecting our gift with the help of the Holy Spirit. Man DOES have a role in his own Salvation even though we initially bring nothing to the table and are totally depraved. Though we can't save ourselves, Rev. 3:20 proclaims we do have to open the door to our hearts when Jesus knocks, it's not automatic. And though you may let him in initially or even for a time, you can close him out at any time in your Christian walk and lose what you had.
Not that he can save himself by the works of the law, or works alone, but through the works of faith and faith itself in concert with each other, man can be saved. James 2:24 is very clear on this. James also said we are saved to do good works, if you never do them, you can't be saved and if you don't continue in your faith you can lose it(Matt 24:10).
The thief on the cross was not only saved by faith, but also by his testimony of faith which is considered to be a good work. If he only believed in his head that there was a God, he would never have been saved. But when he confessed that Jesus was Lord with his mouth, he was saved. If no one knows you are a Christian, then you might not be.
Man is not saved by faith alone. In fact James 2:14-26 says just the opposite. If you do a word search for the words "faith alone" you will only find it in one place in the bible James 2:24, which says we are not saved by faith alone. Preachers and teachers who add the words "faith alone" to the way of Salvation are doing a very dangerous thing: they are adding to the word of God and there is punishment for anyone who does this. Rev 22:18 proclaims this.
Though God knows the future he does not cause it to happen. Also, he does not cause or tempt anyone to sin. He does however use both evil men and evil spirits for his purposes. (Rev.6:7)
9.There is a literal place of hell where millions of people are burning in eternal torment right now and many more millions and billions will join them (Rev20:15). This isn't because God wants it that way, but again because we choose our ways instead of God's.
10. The first 5 seals of Revelation 6:1-9, have been broken already and have been for 2000 years when Jesus went back to heaven and are in effect open seals today as well as we can see all their evidences all around us. The lull in between Daniels 69th and 70th week matches the lull in between the 5th and 6th seals of Revelation.
11. The Imminent, Pre-tribulation, Pre-wrath, 6th seal Rapture of the ready church is about to happen any day now as most of the world and half the church (Matt chapter 25), will be caught unaware as they least expect him. Jesus is coming as a thief when scoffers even in the church are beating the fellow servants of Jesus for believing in a Pre-tribulation Rapture (Matthew 24:48-51). Also, no one loses their Salvation simply because they missed the Rapture. God does not give up on people until the very end if they reject him again and again. He is both a God of mercy and justice, not just one or the other.
12. It is possible that as many as one billion ready followers of Jesus will be raptured at the 6th seal (Rev 6:12), and in addition it is possible that as many as one billion tribulation saints will be beheaded by the Antichrist as described in Rev. 14:20. Since there are only 13 million Jews who live on the earth today, the majority of the saints will be Gentiles and thereby bringing an end to the age of the Gentiles. Then the age of the Jews will begin for the last 1000 year reign of Jesus to fulfill the promise given to Abraham in Genesis that his people would be as numerous as the stars in the sky and the sands of the shore.
|RealChristian.net and all information contained on this website is copywritten and© Thank you. RealChristian.net 2007 ©|
Web Hosting powered by Network Solutions®